|1 January 2020||Call for Papers open|
|23 August 2020||Deadline for submitting papers|
|24 August 2020||Registration for participating conference opens|
|24 August – 24 September 2020||Decisions on papers accepted for HHBIC|
|15 October 2020||Registration closes|
|31 October 2020||Submission of updated full paper based on reviewers comments, full paper submission for abstracts and extended abstracts if you are interested in publishing in the conference proceedings|
|2 November 2020||Final program published|
|17-18 November 2020||Conference|
|December 2020||Issuing Conference Proceedings|
Haaga-Helia Business Innovation Conference is an international forum for researchers, scholars, students and practitioners to share their business-related research, ideas and innovations. The first HHBIC will be held online on 17th – 18th November 2020. The conference will be held every two years.
HHBIC 2020 conference preparations are currently ongoing. Thank you for all of you who have already contributed to the conference by sending an abstract or a full paper. We are expecting to have very insightful conference days in November.
We are accepting THREE different types of contributions to this conference: abstract (500-1000 words), extended abstract (1500-2000 words) and full paper (8-25 pages).
Best papers and presentations will be awarded during the conference. We look forward to your submission and if you have experts who would be interested to participate within your networks, please kindly forward this invitation. Until then, stay healthy and please do not hesitate to contact us.
The conference is organized around four tracks
1. Entrepreneurial ecosystems driving success
What is the startup’s role in renewing and promoting business, and how do various networks advance entrepreneurial capabilities and growth? The aim is to widen knowledge of how startups will steady their function, how growth and scaling is supported and how the entrepreneurs’ ecosystems are best facilitated.
Several higher education institutions utilize various living labs for the development of business and needed competences. We invite you to share successful experiences of driving growth and innovation.
2. The entrepreneurial mindset
Entrepreneurship is a major engine for economic growth and job creation. Individuals work today in shattered projects and in multiple locations. This creates novel entrepreneurship that manifests itself in different forms; part-time and self-employment, micro entrepreneurship, team entrepreneurship, start-ups, serial and portfolio entrepreneurship, business transfers and restart-ups, continuing family business, chain and franchise entrepreneurship, cooperative entrepreneurship, part time entrepreneurship, bloggers, vloggers etc.
Nowadays it is getting easier to grow your passion into a business. New areas of entrepreneurship are sports entrepreneurship or gaming entrepreneurship. What kind of individuals and teams foster all these various forms of entrepreneurship?
3. Entrepreneurial learning in higher education
Education, training, counselling, guiding and professional development often provide the knowledge and realization that entrepreneurship is a possible career path. When planning and developing training programmes and the curriculum from a career and entrepreneurship point of view, it should be considered that the process in higher education is not a linear process, rather, it is more like a spiral process. Entrepreneurial learning is an experiential process where enterprising individuals continuously develop their entrepreneurial competence and throughout their professional lives.
4. Other topics related to entrepreneurship
For example, Entrepreneurship and Value Co-creation, or Entrepreneurship and the Sharing Economy
How to submit your contribution?
The HHBIC2020 provides researchers an opportunity to present their state-of-the-art research and discuss their research with other experts in the area. The accepted papers will be published in peer-reviewed conference proceedings by conference organizer Haaga-Helia.
We encourage professors, researchers, representatives of companies as well as Masters’ and Doctoral students to submit their work to one of the streams before August 23rd, 2020. All submissions should be made via the conference website in pdf format. We invite three types of contributions: abstract, extended abstracts and full paper.
All submissions will be subjected to peer review with two referees for each paper. To make the review process as smooth as possible, please submit your contribution early as possible. By submitting a contribution, you also agree that at least one of the authors will attend the conference.
To submit your contribution to HHBIC2020:
- Explore the conference tracks and choose the topic that your paper corresponds best.
- Make sure your paper is in line with writing guidelines.
- Submit your paper (including absract) by 23rd August 2020. Name the paper in the following way: lastname_firstname_tracknumber_HHBIC2020
- All papers will be reviewed by experts in their (corresponding) field. You will receive the notification of acceptance and feedback by 25 September 2020. Selected contributions will be published in the digital conference proceeding. Full paper submission for abstracts and extended abstracts if you are interested in publishing in the conference proceedings is 31 October. Please register to the conference after your paper has been approved but no later than 15th October 2020.
Writing guidelines for three types of contributions:
- Abstract submissions should be 500-1000 words including 3-5 keywords and references
- Extended abstracts should be 1500-2000 words including 3-5 keywords and references
- The length of the full paper is 8-25 pages plus references.
- Use Times New Roman font, size 12, double spaced, 2,5 cm margin all around. In titles, use font size 14 and bold.
- Number all the pages of the submission.
- Include abstract for full paper submission. The abstract should not exceed 400 words.
- It is recommended that you answer to the following questions in your abstract:
- What is the topic of your research? Why is this topic interesting?
- What are your research questions?
- What methods are you using in your research?
- What are your main results?
- Include 3-5 keywords at the end of your abstract
- Abstract and extended abstract submissions should typically include the following headings:
- Background of the study/literature review
- Aim of the study including originality & novelty
- Methodology (the methods used in your research including data collection and data analysis)
- Result/findings and argumentation
- Conclusion, managerial implications and limitations
- Add contact information (the name of the writer / writers, organization and an e-mail address) after the main title.
- Use the APA 6 style (American Psychological Association) in references.
- Do not use hyphenation in the text
- The writer is responsible for taking care of copyrights.
- Only submissions in English shall be accepted for review.
- The paper you submit, should not have been previously published, and if it is under review, should not be published before the HHBIC2020 conference.
- No changes in the paper title, abstract, authorship, track and actual paper can be done after the submission.
- Submit your paper in PDF format. Check that the PDF File of your paper prints correctly. Submissions will be done on-line on the HHBIC2020 web pages .
- In case of acceptance, the author or one of the co-authors should be available to present the paper at the conference. Please register to the conference as soon as possible, but no later than 15th August 2020. If the registration is missing after 15th August, the paper will be withdrawn from the conference.
- If you are willing to act as a reviewer of other researchers’ conference papers, please let us know when submitting the paper.